Tuesday, February 2, 2010

1 month birthday!

(originally written at 1 mth)

Dear Makayla,

Today you are one month old. I am amazed by how fast time flies. It seems like just yesterday you were born. I remember holding you in my arms for the first time, you were a stranger yet instantly I was in love. Over the last month that love has grown imensely. It is a different kind of love, the kind of love only a parent has for their child. The kind of love only other parents would understand. It is a love so powerful it hurts. When you were first born the love I felt for you made me scared - I had never been scared to love someone before you. I was scared because I feared for you and all the unknowns. You were so little, tiny and new, 100% reliant on us. As I watched you grow and become stronger I relaxed. Now I couldn't be happier or more relaxed. God is in control, I do not need to fear.

In the past month you have changed and grown so much. You started out at 5lbs 7oz, dropped down to 5lbs the day you were born and now you weigh just over 7lbs. Many say you are still so tiny but to me you are huge! You no longer fit premie clothes, but, *gasp* fill out newborn clothing nicely and I'm guessing in the next 2 weeks or so many of them will be too small.

Yesterday I am almost certain you smiled for the first time. It was not just a 'gas' smile, I saw that sparkle in your eye. There is even a chance you smiled 3 times last week for Aunty Natasha and Shelley, but as I did not see I cannot be certain.

You now hold your head up well, you are very alert and love to look around. You love to be naked and just move and kick on a blanket. You love the bath and are very content to float in warm water. You don't like to be swaddled or held ALL the time anymore. Although truthfully you like to be held at least 90% of the time you are awake.

Oh and have I mentioned you have a good set of lungs and you definitely know how to use them?!?!

Your dad and I think you are the cutest most adorable, baby girl in the whole world! Of course every parent thinks that, but really you are! Every expression and sound you make is the cutest thing ever.

Makayla, you have made us a family.

I love you so much, forever and always

xoxo, your mommy



Picture 028
(Dad & Makayla at 1 month)
Picture 066
(Mom & Makayla at 1 month)

No comments: