Friday, July 16, 2010

Fun in the Sun

Despite only getting 4 hours sleep the night before last (I was up from 3am on basically) I had a very enjoyable day.

I was just so exhausted yesterday I knew I couldn't stay at home with a tired, teething, cranky baby and not go crazy. So around 8:30 we headed out for a walk. We met Talise and Olivia at Douglas Park, went for a 45 min walk, then they left and I stayed with Makayla at the park playing on the grass for awhile longer. We were home by 11am and Makayla went down for a nap.

In the afternoon we met up with some friends at Cloverdale waterpark. Makayla had alot of fun just crawling around on the blanket and grass. I was also able to get a chance to visit. It was lovely. A perfect day, sunny but not too hot.

A funny and gross thing happened at the park too. I'll tell that story another time though.

Anyway I really enjoyed yesterday and last night Makayla slept a straight 10 hours without waking up, then went down for another 2. Woohoo! I am one happy mommy toady.

1 comment:

MommyBelle said...

Sometimes it's best to get out when you've had a bad night the night before. It's too easy to dwell on the bad night and get in a crappy mood. Glad you were able to get out and enjoy the sunshine!!
I really hope the sleepless nights get better soon! Just remind yourself that "this too shall pass" :)